- Our Process
- Our Services
- Our People
- Why Choose Us
- About Us
- Contact Us
Are you thinking about hiring a contractor for home remodeling in Phoenix? Before you hire just any company out of the phone book, please read about our remodeling truths.
According to a recent survey by Remodeling Magazine, kitchens and windows are in the Top 10 remodeling projects that are an excellent return on investment at resale. However, stress from remodeling is also in the Top 10, 2nd after divorce according to a recent survey.
Finding the right Phoenix home remodeling contractor puts you on the path to a happy outcome for both you and your home.
- 1. Make sure your contractor specializes in remodeling rather than building. As any "This Old House" viewer knows, remodeling contractors regularly deal with circumstances that plans don't show.
2. Determine who will be doing the actual work if you will be working with the company-trained employees or subcontractors.
3. Find a Phoenix home remodeling contractor with a history of finishing jobs on time. It will prevent the single biggest nightmare of remodeling the never-ending job.
4. Protect yourself against shoddy workmanship with a warranty designed for this purpose. Remember, however, that a warranty is only as strong as the company that offers it.
5. Any remodeling project is only as good as the professionals hired to do the job, Ask for references.
6. Remember that reputation, references, quality of workmanship, and personality are as important as the bottom line.
7. Make sure your contractor carries good liability insurance.
8. Beware of anyone who offers a firm price for materials but not for labor. If a contractor cannot estimate the labor cost, you do not want that contractor.
9. To find a reliable Phoenix home remodeling contractor, get recommendations from friends who have done home improvement projects.
10. Before calling a company, check each company's references and record with the Better Business Bureau and Registrar of Contractors. Then, invest some time in reviewing your options. It is up to you to understand what each company is offering you.
11. Communicate how you really live. It's the only way to achieve a design that truly suits you and your family.
12. Note how well the designers listen to you. Communication is an extremely important consideration when hiring a professional Phoenix home remodeling company. Make sure you have a rapport with the person you decide to hire. You will be spending a lot of time with them, so comfort in the relationship is key.
13. Demand a calendar. There will be scheduling changes, of course, but it's the only way to keep apprised of where you are in the process.
14. Be straightforward about how much or how little you can spend. This information is vital to a designer when balancing your design wishes with your budget.
15. Look for someone who's proud of their work. If they are enthusiastic about past projects, they'll more than likely be enthusiastic about yours.
16. Like the company you've hired, because you're going to have a relationship for a long time.
Contact Republic West today for home remodeling services in Phoenix including window replacement, door replacement, cabinet refacing, kitchen and bath remodeling, and room additions. Call 480-481-9595 for your free consultation or visit our Scottsdale showroom.