How Much of Your Money is “Going Out the Window”?
Save Money with Republic West Windows PROtecTM Glass Systems and Energy Efficient Windows Avon AZ
Our homes and offices use an amazing 52% of our energy resources – compared to a mere 9% for our cars. Buildings create almost 6 times the greenhouse gases as our vehicles.
In just the US, buildings represent:
- 72% of electricity consumption
- 38% of all carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions
Imagine the impact on our environment, economy, health, and productivity if we could just make our homes more efficient?
What’s the biggest missed opportunity? Windows. Up to 40% of your heating and cooling bills are literally money flying out the window. Aside from damaging your paycheck – this wasted energy creates over 250 million tons of pollution a year.
Windows take a lot of stress. Direct sun, reflected heat, shade and exposures dramatically affect their performance. Every room has its own needs – the old ‘one size fits all’ window philosophy is so… last century. For peak performance – maximum comfort, light transmission and energy savings – you need a customized design. Republic West has created the industry leader in superior window design – the PROtecTM Glass system.
But how can you “customize” a window – glass is glass, right?
Actually, there have been enormous advances in glass technology over the old “pane of glass in a frame” of yesterday. Through the use of specialized glass, high-tech films and inert gasses enclosed inside the frames, Republic West has created the best custom windows available on the market. We calibrate your windows to your homes’ needs – maximizing your energy savings, sound dampening and light transmission.
So how can you judge one window from another? There are four key factors:
- U Value – measures how much heat is transferred through a window. A lower U- value means less heat flow and better insulating value.
- R value – measures the resistance to heat flow or how well a material resists heat transfer. The higher the R value, the better the insulating performance.
- SHGC – Solar Heat Gain Coefficient which is a critical component in cooling-dominated climates. This value measures how well a window blocks heat from direct sunlight. SHGC is expressed as a number between 0 and 1. The lower a windows SHGC, the less solar heat it transmits.
- VIS – measures how much visible light transmits through a window.
Plus, there are four main classes of windows:
- Single Pane - refers to the oldest system – one piece of glass.
- Dual Pane – refers to a slight upgrade on the old system – two pieces of glass.
- Low E2 – the first generation of energy efficiency research.
- PROtecTM Windows – the current state-of-the-art in window technology.
In independent testing conducted by the Lawrence Berkeley Labs Environmental Energy Technologies Division (in conjunction with the Department of Energy) – Republic West PROtecTM glass systems were compared with other older window designs:
The results are dramatic. By replacing single pane windows with PROtecTM 1045 windows, you reduce the amount of heat transferred through the windows (U Value) by 96%.
Republic West PROtecTM glass systems give you superior energy efficiency – great for the environment and even better for your bank account.
Tax credit! Windows and doors purchased in 2009 and 2010 that meet the Energy Star criteria will qualify for a tax credit. The credit is for up to 30% of the material cost up to $1,500.
Buyer beware. Watch out for people who tell you that “Low E2″ windows will qualify for the tax credit. Both the U value and the SHGC must be .30 or less – Low E2 don’t qualify.
Contact Republic West today for energy efficient windows in Avon AZ and other services including window replacement, door replacement, cabinet refacing, kitchen and bath remodeling, and room additions. Call 480-481-9595 for your free consultation.